Center for Professional Development
About the Center
The Center for Professional Development at Intermediate Unit 1 is committed to providing support for educators, students, and districts throughout Fayette, Greene, and Washington counties. The Center is comprised of a diverse staff of experienced professionals with varying expertise in all areas of education. The mission of the Center for Professional Development is to provide educators, students, and districts with instructional resources, continued support on school improvement, grant opportunities, collaborative partnerships, innovation and design support, and professional development to move forward in all educational dynamics.
Support in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics is offered through the Center for STEM Education and the Center for Creativity, as well as the 21st Century Learning programs. The Center for Professional Development also offers summer camps for students.
The team at the Center for Professional Development provide half or full day professional development, direct trainings throughout the school year, provides support for Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) initiatives, and facilitates workshops, courses, and online classes for Act 48 hours and credit. Team members also lead advisory councils on current educational issues and trends.
The Center for Professional Develoopment events include workshops for Act 48 hours, Pennsylvania Inspired Leadership (PIL) courses, Continuing Professional Education courses, and regularly scheduled meetings.
- February 2016 Data Quality Network Meeting, February 17, 2016
- February 2016 Curriculum Coordinators Meeting, February 18, 2016
- Creating 21st Century Learning Environments for IU1 Instructional Coaches 2015–2016, February 19, 2016
- Beginner iPad Resources for Educators, February 20, 2016–March 19, 2016
- PSSA Handscoring and Item Writing (English Language Arts 3–8), February 23, 2016
- PSSA Handscoring and Item Writing (Literature Keystone), February 24, 2016
- Keystone Handscoring and Item Writing (Algebra I), February 24, 2016
- PSSA Handscoring and Item Writing (Science 4 and 8), February 25, 2016
- Counseling and Current Issues, February 25, 2016
- Phase 2 District Comprehensive Planning Support Session, February 25, 2016
- Differentiated Instruction Strategies for the Classroom, February 27, 2016–March 26, 2016
- PSSA Handscoring and Item Writing (Biology Keystone), February 29, 2016
Each month, the Center for Professional Development publishes a newsletter to communicate upcoming professional development offerings, which include workshops for Act 48 hours, Pennsylvania Inspired Leadership (PIL) courses, Continuing Professional Education courses, and regularly scheduled meetings.
The Center for Professional Development connects districts with organizations, agencies, and individuals to create strong lasting partnerships.
For more information about our services and on the Center for Professional Development please contact:
IU1 Center for Professional Development
750 Orchard Street
California, PA 15419
Assistant Executive Director
724-938-3241 ext. 429
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
724-938-3241 ext. 268
Secretary to the Assistant Executive Director
724-938-3241 ext. 251