PDE FBI Clearance Process
Applicants must register prior to going to a fingerprint site. Registration can be completed either on the phone or online.
- The website to register is http://www.pa.cogentid.com and is available 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- Telephone registration is available at 1-888-439-2486, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
- All applicants receive a confirmation number.
- The fee for the FBI clearance is as follows:
- $28.75 for education-related purposes
- $27.50 for welfare-related purposes
- $8.00 for transportation-related purposes
IU1 Fingerprinting Center
Intermediate Unit 1 has agreed to be a site for fingerprinting applicants. Following is information regarding the IU1 fingerprinting process:
- Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday only.
- In order to be fingerprinted, all applicants must have:
- a confirmation number
- a valid photo ID, and if applicable
- a Money Order or Cashier's Check payable to Cogent Systems
- Fingerprints will be taken at the IU1 Central Office Building, One Intermediate Unit Drive, in Coal Center.
- The IU1 Fingerprinting Center is located next to the first floor lobby. When arriving at the IU1 Central Office, please check in with the receptionist at the front desk.
- Please note the Fingerprinting Center will be unavailable on scheduled closings. In case of inclement weather, please call 724-938-3241 ext. 221 to verify availability.
- Fingerprints will be scanned electronically, sent to the Pennsylvania State Police, submitted by the State Police to the FBI. The FBI will send results to PDE.
- Results of the Federal Criminal History Report will be forwarded to the applicant by PDE.
- If you have a large group to be fingerprinted, please call 724-938-3241 ext. 221.