Courses and Registration
In-Service for Credit Program
The In-Service for Credit Program offers a wide variety of graduate level Pennsylvania Department of Education approved inservice education courses addressing current educational issues, best practices, and content.
These courses are designed to assist teachers in the acquisition and application of new knowledge and skills to be used in the classroom settings. The program operates on a three semester basis: fall, spring, and summer.
All courses meet criteria established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and therefore receive graduate level designation and approval. The credits obtained by teachers are applicable toward the educational requirements of:
- Level II Instructional or Level II Educational Specialist Certificate
- Meeting continuing professional education (CPE) requirements (Act 48)
- Credit Conversion:
- 1 credit: 30 Act 48 hours
- 2 credits: 60 Act 48 hours
- 3 credits: 90 Act 48 hours
- Credit Conversion:
- Master's Degree Equivalency Certificate
Workshops for Act 48 Hours
All teachers, nurses, counselors, and educational specialists with certificates must complete 180 Act 48 hours every five years. Intermediate Unit 1 Workshops that meet the requirements for Act 48 hours will list the workshop hours in the workshop registration information.
SolutionWhere Course Registration
- Lesson Plan Alignment Template: .pdf / .doc
- Research Summary Template: .pdf / .doc
- eStrategic Plan Template: .pdf / .doc
- Request for Late Completion: .pdf / .doc
- Request for Duplicate or
Replacement Letter: .pdf / .doc
- Request to Complete
Missed Class Time: .pdf / .doc
- Withdrawal Form: .pdf / .doc
- Action Plan Implementation: .pdf / .doc
Documents for Presenters and Instructors
- Course Listings for Winter/Spring 2014
- IU1 PIL Courses and Workshops
- Continuous School Improvement Data Tools
- Continuous School Improvement: Developing a School Improvement Plan
- Data Institute for Continuous School Improvement
- Leading Effective Change Part 1
- Preparing Schools for 21st Century Learners
- Principals' Academy
- ESL Training Course Schedule
- Paraprofessional Workshop Schedule
- IU1 Center for STEM Education Courses
For information about course or workshop credit or letters, email Dee Hall.
For questions about payment, registration, or cancellations email Marla Kurilko.